Call for Papers 2017
The 2017 CSWNA Annual Conference will be held at the Franciscan Monastery in Washington, DC on Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4, 2017.
Need Lodging? Click here:
Book by October 5, 2017 to get negotiated rate.
CSWNA & USCCB
The Catholic Social Worker's National Association (CSWNA) is a growing organization that continues to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Church. We seek to bring forth a culture of life, by promoting the Catholic social teachings, in the area of social work and in keeping with and faithful to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
We, at Catholic Social Workers' National Association, are an alive and vibrant association. We advocate and work for human development, promote better opportunities, and improve society by being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. We believe in developing a mutually beneficial relationship alongside the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). We seek to provide assistance through collaboration to amplify the Church's voice through advocacy efforts by supporting the advancement of federal and state legislation, assisting in the development of public policy that serves the common good, and any other joint efforts not mentioned here.
This collaboration will be a "force multiplier" in improving the lives of the most vulnerable, while protecting the inherent worth and dignity of all human life, supporting the poor and defenseless, by advocating against injustice and discrimination, and expanding opportunity to empower individuals, families and groups.
We believe that together we can change the lives of many served by Catholic social workers and the Catholic Church.
Now that you have taken the first step in finding us online, you might ask yourself why join this association? For one reason, the association believes in promoting the teachings of Jesus Christ and affirming the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
As Catholic social workers, we are called to live out the gospel and carry out His mission, not only in our personal lives but in our professional lives as well.
We advance His mission, by being a vibrant professional association that continues to be the voice for all Catholic social workers, united in following Jesus Christ and his Church.
As you start to explore the homepage, notice it will provide you with a variety of options. Here you will discover additional information about the association, have the ability to register as a new member, or renew your yearly membership, in addition to other areas of personal or professional interests.
One of the newer additions is the daily readings; this will be a great way for you to connect to the faith. Another is the legislation and policy tab. This is where you will be able to follow pertinent information regarding legislative and public policy activities. The purpose will be to educate and inform on issues that might be affecting the populations you serve or issues that may influence your personal life as a faithful Catholic. In addition, it will provide an opportunity for us to support the Church, lend our voices in the public square, and seek to protect our rights as Catholic social workers to serve without intrusion on our beliefs.
The website will offer an opportunity to view past and future presentations. We will be offering information on upcoming lectures to obtain CEUs for those who are looking to renew their state license, and information on upcoming conferences.
As you can see, we will be providing a host of information that will be able to support your needs as a Catholic social worker. We look forward to you being a part of our association and hope you will join us in forwarding our mission in serving Jesus Christ.
New Mass schedules to be posted soon.
- Wiliams Rainford, Ph.D., Board Chair
- Kathleen Neher, LISW-S, President/Co-Founder
- Joan Rangel, MSW/Co-Founder, Vice Chair
- Frances Robinson, MSS, MLSP, Director of Advocacy and Policy
- Gracie Ortiz, LCSW, Board Member
- Michael Patchner, Ph.D., ExOfficio Board Member
- Michael Barga, Board Member
- Maritza Rivera Moret PhD, Board Member
- Dan Grossano, Outreach Campus Ministry
- Joe Ford, CPA, Financial Officer
- Bishop Timothy Senior, Episcopal Liaison
Make a tax deductible gift today to the CSWNA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, to help support the education and implementation of Catholic Social Work and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Readings for the Week of May 28, 2017
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47 / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68 / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Zep 3:14-18a or Rom 12:9-16 / Is 12 / Lk 1:39-56
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16 / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103 / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11 / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104 / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3 or Ps 19 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107 / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104 / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104 / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23