CSWNA Annual Conference "Following the Path of Christ"
November 11-13,2016 @ Catholic University of America
Now that you have taken the first step in finding us online, you might ask yourself why join this association? For one reason, the association believes in promoting the teachings of Jesus Christ and affirming the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
As Catholic social workers, we are called to live out the gospel and carry out His mission, not only in our personal lives but in our professional lives as well.
We advance His mission, by being a vibrant professional association that continues to be the voice for all Catholic social workers, united in following Jesus Christ and his Church.
As you start to explore the homepage, notice it will provide you with a variety of options. Here you will discover additional information about the association, have the ability to register as a new member, or renew your yearly membership, in addition to other areas of personal or professional interests.
One of the newer additions is the daily readings; this will be a great way for you to connect to the faith. Another is the legislation and policy tab. This is where you will be able to follow pertinent information regarding legislative and public policy activities. The purpose will be to educate and inform on issues that might be affecting the populations you serve or issues that may influence your personal life as a faithful Catholic. In addition, it will provide an opportunity for us to support the Church, lend our voices in the public square, and seek to protect our rights as Catholic social workers to serve without intrusion on our beliefs.
The website will offer an opportunity to view past and future presentations. We will be offering information on upcoming lectures to obtain CEUs for those who are looking to renew their state license, and information on upcoming conferences.
As you can see, we will be providing a host of information that will be able to support your needs as a Catholic social worker. We look forward to you being a part of our association and hope you will join us in forwarding our mission in serving Jesus Christ.
Posted in CSWNA on 01/14/16
‘O my Jesus, You know that I have gotten myself into a lot of ... Read More »
Posted in CSWNA on 01/04/16
This past Christmas, my parents gave me a small blue book called Mary Day By ... Read More »
Posted in CSWNA on 12/30/15
The Dean's Council at the National Catholic School of Social Service recently tackled two ... Read More »
- Wiliams Rainford, Ph.D., Board Chair
- Kathleen Neher, LISW-S, President/Co-Founder
- Joan Rangel, MSW/Co-Founder, Board Member
- Frances Robinson, MSS, MLSP, Director of Policy/Legal/Board Member
- Gracie Ortiz, LCSW, Board Member
- Michael Patchner, Ph.D., ExOfficio Board Member
- Michael Barga, MSW
- Bishop Timothy Senior, Episcopal Liaison
Make a tax deductible gift today to the CSWNA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, to help support the education and implementation of Catholic Social Work and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Readings for the Week of February 7, 2016
- Sunday: Is 6:1-2a, 3-8 / Ps 138:1-5, 7-8 / 1 Cor 15:1-11 or 15:3-8, 11 / Lk 5:1-11
- Monday: 1 Kgs 8:1-7, 9-13 / Ps 132:6-10 / Mk 6:53-56
- Tuesday: 1 Kgs 8:22-23, 27-30 / Ps 84:3-5, 10-11 / Mk 7:1-13
- Wednesday: Jl 2:12-18 / 2 Cor 5:20—6:2 / Ps 51:3-6, 12-14, 17 / Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
- Thursday: Dt 30:15-20 / Ps 1:1-4, 6 / Lk 9:22-25
- Friday: Is 58:1-9a / Ps 51:3-6, 18-19 / Mt 9:14-15
- Saturday: Is 58:9b-14 / Ps 86:1-6 / Lk 5:27-32
- Next Sunday: Dt 26:4-10 / Ps 91:1-2, 10-15 / Rom 10:8-13 / Lk 4:1-13